Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Non-blogger


I have several blogs that I like to frequent. I get irritated when they aren't updated so I am sorry that I haven't been posting lately. I need to set a rule for myself to post every three days no matter what.

Personally, I have been extremely busy. Three kids in three schools proved to be more than I could handle. And EVERYTHING seems to be scheduled for the end of the year. Teas, choir performances, projects, field days, graduations, award ceremonies, orchestra concert, and on and on. Now it is the first day of summer, and I can breathe...a little.


The board hit a busy spot as well. You may or may not be aware of the situation at Tech. That proved to be a busy time for emails, phone calls, meetings and more. For different reasons I will not discuss those happenings. 1) We are still in investigation. 2) This is a child.

We have also held meetings to discuss a lawsuit against the state for funding issues. Recently we held an Executive session so board members could submit their Superintendent Evaluation. This Saturday we will meet in an all day Retreat, from 1-8pm. And last night we were all at a graduation ceremony. I attended Manual.


There are specific topics that were important to me, and I will blog about those separately.

The board relationship is no better than it has been in the past. It's candidate time and I have heard form several people who have stated they will run for school board. I am trying to be more sensitive about this issue. I would love to start the year off with a "new" board. I want to canvass, and support, and back certain candidates. But I have really struggled with the concern of what damage that may do. If someone wins the seat that I didn't support (current members or someone new) I am afraid that will cause even more tension on the board. This board dynamic is so damaged it can not handle much more. At the end of the day, the board can do more if there was mutual respect among board members. I sincerely question if this could ever be repaired among the current board, but I certainly don't want to make it worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment