Friday, January 25, 2013

Changes

It's been a while.  By design.  There's been so much I wanted to say.  Needed to say.  And can not say.  So I figured saying nothing is best.
I've come to ask myself the same question as I go through these tough decisions.  Will what I do impact IPS in a positive way?  There's some moments that I probably make the selfish choice.  Maybe I complain about something that doesn't really matter, but I make it an argument anyway.  And I have been known to make a joke or two.  This too doesn't help the district.  But I do it anyway.  Mostly to keep my sanity.
It has been an emotionally draining couple of weeks.  For many people.  A scary time.  For many people.  Let's see- we began by reorganizing our committees.  We put the preschool plan on hold.  Then we accept the resignation of the Superintendent.  And then we non renewal letters to 138 administrators.
Well, we've proved to be one thing.  Bold and fast.  This board is made up of some very smart people.  Each one with great strengths.  As a group we have learned or are at least learning to recognize those in one another.  We don't always agree.  In fact we often dispute each other.  However I see us growing every day.
So I ask.  Please have faith is us.  Please support us.

1 comment:

  1. Will you be asking any teachers for input about how to impact student learning in a positive way?

    ReplyDelete