Friday, January 11, 2013

The Officers

I would like to introduce you to the Officers of the IPS School Board.

President- Diane Arnold
Vice President- Annie Roof
Secretary - Samantha Adair-White

Yep folks.  We did it.  And we have three new board members.  It is a new day.
We had our first official meeting on Jan. 9th.   At this time we re-evaluate out Committees.  And we decide to make a change.  These will be proposed and voted on at the Briefing Session.  We are voting on this at the briefing because we need these changes made by February when our committee meetings will start up again.  We are combining Legislative and Policy, Education will remain the same, as well as Recourse.  Since we are combining the two we are adding a new committee.  This new committee will focus on Community engagement.

We also looked at things that had been done in the past, just because, and decided to try doing things a different way.
I thought all the board members were kind and courteous to one another and listened to each other.  It was a great conversation.  And I loved it.

We have a lot of work to do.  And I am sure things will be rocky at times.  But I think we're all gonna be ok.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your hard work. I know this will be a huge undertaking, but I appreciate all that all of the boards does.

    ReplyDelete