Friday, February 22, 2013

Hinckley

We are in the final stages of the contract to hire Peggy Hinckley as the Interim Superintendent.  We hope to vote on her contract next Tuesday. February 26th.  I think this will be good for IPS.

On the 26th we will also host our second annual Board Open House from 6:00-6:45pm.  Everyone is welcome to attend and stay for the board meeting.

I have had a very busy month.  THere have been many IPS events I have gotten to attend in addition to all the meeting the board has held.

I attended the Spelling Bee, High Ability and Achievement Committee, Coordinated School Health Advisory Council Meeting, Parent Power Breakfast, and I met with Justin Ohlemiller the new Executive Director of Stand for Children.

As for board meetings we held the first Legislative meeting, Education and Resource, a few special called meetings and a preschool meeting.  THe Education meeting lasted until 9pm!!!  That has never happened.

During this very busy month I also had a child come down with the flu.  That took a week out of our lives.  Long nights and days!  With three kids in IPS I am busy with them too.  I have attened Valentines' parties, made copies for teachers, attended a Chinese New Year Party, a dance, and popped popcorn.

Next month we will host our first Engagement Committee on March 27th.  At this meeting we will start talking to the community about what they want in the next Superintendent for IPS Schools.  There will be more info to come on this.

We will be holding our Committee Meetings every Wednesday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment