Sunday, August 5, 2012

Back to work

After two and a half weeks away, I am returning to work tomorrow. I can't say that I am looking forward to it or that I am ready. Because I am neither.

Just to update everyone, my father-n-law died in a very bad car accident. He was in Ohio at the time. We have made several trips back and forth since the accident taking care of things. My husband and I have also planned the service, with the help of friends and family. It's been exhausting on many, many levels.
What many did not know, is that his sister, my husbands aunt, was in the car with him. After being in a coma for two weeks, her children made the difficult but selfless decision to let her go. We lost her on Thursday.

This has been the most awful time, and I appreciate the kind words that I have received. It has meant a lot. I know that I need to return to work tomorrow full force, as it is also the first day of school. And I promise I will do my best, but I am very scared of how it will go.

Tomorrow, August 6th, there will be a Legislative Committee meeting at 5:30. And on Tuesday there will be a meeting to approve advertising the Budget. I am unsure of the time for that meeting.

I am eager to get back into the groove of life and work. I am looking forward to visiting schools again. I hope for a good year for everyone. Be safe, look for school children, drive slow.

First Day of School....

No comments:

Post a Comment