Thursday, August 9, 2012

Budget


Tonight the Board voted to advertise the budget. You can find the info here:



http://www.budget.ips.k12.in.us/index.php?id=12106


Tomorrow I am heading to Gambold, where the new IPS HS program is located. I am actually meeting a few other board members there as well, we are just interested in looking at the school, a quick tour, and just an overall visit. I am looking forward to it.

We have a full week next week. A private hearing, a resource meeting on Tuesday,policy meeting on Wednesday, and a Design Overview meeting on Thursday.

The budget will be voted on on August 20th. The last two years I voted against the budget. The first year I did so because of the way the process was handled. Last year I did so because of the amount of poor choices I have seen IPS make on where to spend money.
To be honest, this year I have not read the budget. The last two years I have read the budget in its entirety. This year, I have been so busy and overwhelmed with the issues here at home. But I will read it before the vote.

I hope everyone is having a good start to the year. And though I know staff has been told not to speak to board members, I do enjoy hearing from people. And I hope anyone who needs to, feels comfortable contacting me.




2 comments:

  1. I hope Superintendent White has given you permission to visit Gambold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh. I needed a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete