Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Quiet July

July is a fairly quiet month for the IPS board. During this month we do not hold committee meetings. We still have other meetings. Two this week. One is the Budget Work Session and the other was an Executive Session.

We will still have a Briefing Session on July 17th. An Action Session on the 24th, and a Delegation Session on the 23rd (if anyone signs up).

July for me personally, is not quiet. I love, I mean LOVE my summers with my kiddos. This heat has put a damper on some of our plans, but we are out there doing something everyday.

As a parent and a board member I think I have a look into some of the struggles of our parents. And I have to say, I am pretty lucky. However, I still have to go out and spend a few hours in a dressing room trying on uniforms. This year I have three kids. It's not a pretty sight. My youngest is so tiny I can barely find school uniforms in toddler size, and my oldest, well, she wants to wear them a little small.
I have to go to Walmart or Target on load up on supplies. I have yet to do this, but backpacks and lunch boxes are bought and ready.
I hope everyone is having a great summer. I love the fact that I can stay home with the kids and enjoy this time with them. I know not everyone can.

School starts on August 6th and that is fast approaching.


On another note, I was chosen to chair a committee this year. I will be heading the Educational committee.


Also, you may have read in the Indy Star that one of our long time board members has decided to not run this year. I wish this person the best, but I have no reservations in saying that I look forward to the possible changes this retirement could bring.


Enjoy your summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment