Tuesday, August 9, 2011

First Day of School, First Day of School, First Day of School.....

And by now many of you should be thinking of a little orange fish jumping around an anemone.

Monday was the first day of school for IPS students.  My kids go to IPS.  There's something about the first day of school.  An excitement for the unknown.  This year was a big one for our family especially for my son who started a new school.  
Every year we take our kids out to breakfast on the first day.  For some reason we were just pushing the clock this year.  We head to our favorite breakfast spot downtown, fill our meters.  Two meters, we had to drive separate.  And we get to the front door to read the sign saying the restaurant is closed until Tuesday.  C.R.A.P.  We find another place to eat, figure out parking as all our change is now gone.  We had an enjoyable meal  and our kids make it to school on time and everything worked out.  Even if my son got syrup all over his white polo, it still worked out. 
They both walked out of the house with stuffed backpacks, new and still clean lunch boxes,  bright polos, and eager faces.  Pictures were taken.  The teachers were ready, waiting, and greeting everyone with a warm smile and a "welcome back."  It really is an exciting time.  Everyone gets a fresh start.  I remember starting the new year, thinking this was it, the year I keep my Trapper Keeper organized.  I never did, but that first day I believed I could. 
I heard of some glitches with the buses, but overall I have heard the first few days went really well.  I hope everyone had a good experience and feel free to share either way.


Thank you to all of the teachers who work so hard at setting up their rooms and getting it all ready for our children!

No comments:

Post a Comment