Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The dumb things I say.....

So, I do make mistakes.  A few months ago I sent an email to a parent that was quite harsh.  I made a mistake, and I talked to this person to clear the air.  I'm not a perfect person, and won't be a perfect Board Member, but I can be honest and learn from those moments.
I am not great about being on camera.  In fact, I hate it.  I talk with my hands, I say "ummm", and  I get flustered and I say some dumb things.
The other night I was sharing how I went to see the Faculty musical, Once Upon a Mattress, at Tech.  It was a good show, fun for the students to see their teachers on stage.  I took two of my kids with me and they enjoyed it as well.  Tech started doing these shows when Howe and Washington closed in 1995, and Tech got several new faculty members.  They decided putting on a musical together would be the ultimate way to get to know one another.  I wanted to say how wonderful it was that these teachers, deans, counselors, and so forth, stepped outside of their comfort zone to put on these shows.  But instead, I said, "well, no one is going to Broadway."

Yep, gonna get some emails about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment