Sunday, February 20, 2011

Donation

On Feb. 14th the IPS School Board held a Special Called Meeting.  I disagreed with this meeting for many reasons.  This meetings one and only purpose was to (re)vote on the proposal submitted by Dr. White on the personnel changes.  I thought (along with other Board members) that this should just be added to the meeting on Feb. 15th for these reasons:
1) It will save money. 
2) Although both meetings were open to the public, the meeting on the 14th was not video taped and therefore not available for viewing for anyone other than who attended the meeting.

THe money issue was a concern for other Board members as well.
One Board Member refused payment.  I decided to take this money and donate it to a school.  This could be an individual teacher used for a classroom, a sports team, PTSA, for Field trips, anything.  It is not a lot of money, but I don't feel right keeping payment for a 17 minute meeting.  And 3 of those minutes were me complaining about having the meeting. 

So if you know of anyone who could use this money please leave a comment or email me at roof2@ips.k12.in.us

I am not the only Board Member donating this payment, so if is ok I would like to forward any suggestions on.

No comments:

Post a Comment