Thursday, April 21, 2011

Start in your own backyard

First of all, let me say how ashamed I am that it has been SO LONG since I have written.  Maybe only three people read this, but I really want to be open and inclusive in this process.

Lots of hot topics right now, but leading the pack is the BUDGET.  Funny how I hate that word in my home, and I am beginning to hate it at work.  Only because when the word "budget" is brought up at either place, bad news always follows.

I was out of town when Amos aired asking, Where were the board members?  Well, there is no secret where I stand.  I don't think central Office has sacrificed much at all, I don't believe administrators who make a (more than) comfortable salary have done enough, and I think the Superintendent should have started with himself, long ago.

I have no problem making tough decisions or unpopular ones.  There will come a time when a school has to be closed and more teachers laid off.  I am not taking the easy way out, as some have stated.  When the proposal is right, and fair, then I will support it.   But as long as the proposals set before me are grossly unfair to the students, teachers, taxpayers, and parents of IPS, it will NOT be supported by me.

I make no apologies for my bluntness, and my opinion is not private.

1 comment:

  1. You're a great representative for the people. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete